Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tie Scripture Totes

This week I decided to stop my cleaning for a couple of hours and pull out the sewing machine for a project I have been wanting to work on for a while. Well, of course, two hours of focusing on something other than my house and kids created chaos and disaster throughout the house. But, I ended up with some cute things that I love. Thanks to my family members that donated their ties for these cute scripture totes. I made them with ties from Brandon, Grandpa Gary (B's dad), Papa (my dad), Uncle Jonny (my brother), and Grandpa Jerry (my grandpa). I made one for Koby, Spencer and myself. They are the perfect size for scriptures plus a small notebook, Personal Progress book (for me, or Duty to God later on!) and Hymnal. I am excited to take mine to Young Womens on Tuesday. The boys showed their off today at church. Obviously, this picture was taken well after church (and food!)Koby and Spencer's bags with small handles (they both wanted to use the USC tie from Grpa Jerry)My bag with a cute shoulder strap (and a tie from Koby and Spencer)

9 comments:

Jay and JoAnn said...

Cami,
You are so creative. Way to go! The scripture totes are a great idea. You have such a cute family. Love You. JoAnn

Janice said...

Cute Idea! I love the new picture at the top of your page!!

Cyndi said...

Two hours...that's awesome! I love them, I have never seen those. I think they are fabulous, you are so crafty. If you are going to leave housework and attention duty...I'm glad you did something you enjoy. Well worth it!

Logan and Ashley said...

So great! That is a good idea for scripture bags and a good use for old ties. Please do share how you make them. Did you line them on the inside?

Lauren said...

Super cute idea! Of course you always come up with the cutest stuff. Your boys are darling. :)

Sarah said...

Those are really cute! Plus The family ties, figuratively and literally, make them mean so much more! Nice to see you the other day, you look great!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea! Way to go!

Brigette said...

ok - I can't believe I didn't think of this one! - - When I was in high school I made a cute skirt out of ties, it was quite the thing! But how perfect to have a tie scripture bag for church!! My brain is filling with ideas right now!

The Henricksen Journal said...

Wow! I am so impressed. Of course you made a tie scripture bag. What else would Cami do with old extra ties? You are amazing. If I had a sewing machine, I would ask for the pattern!