Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hello to our new home

We will be renting for a little while before we are ready to buy a home. There are a lot of things that I love and don't love about the home we are renting (you may or may not care, but I think this stuff is interesting):
*I love that it is big, and we fill it perfectly. I knew we were getting cramped in our old home, but now I really see how small it was.
*I love our large master bedroom and good size master bathroom
*I don't like that the shower is tiny and that there is no door into the bathroom from the bedroom.
*I love having a living room and a family room.
*I love having an open floor plan where it doesn't seem like everything is so far away from eachother.
*I HATE the industrial railing up the stairway and dividing the dining and family rooms.
*I love having my laundry on the main level.
*I love having an extra bathroom on the main level.
*I don't like that there is only one shower in the whole house. What? We didn't realize this for a few days, but there are three bathrooms and only one shower. Strange!
*I love having a garage that is big enough for two cars AND stuff. Side note - We are now a one car family since we sold Brandon's car before we left. The car he got brand new when he got off his mission in 1996! Sad!
*I don't like that the yard is kind of crummy (for now). But, Brandon counted that we could fit around 13 cars between all the patio and driveway that we have in the back, side and front.
*I love that we are in a dead end with only one other house whose side faces us. And who allow my children to play on their swing set or trampoline whenever they want.
*I love having a whole downstairs dedicated to playing and guest area.
*I LOVE having a pantry and a food storage room.
Okay, that's enough for now. Sorry if that bored you, but you didn't have to read it! Here are a few pictures of our main living areas. I will explain them for those who are like me and want to envision the layout.
Taken from the upstairs (where our three bedrooms are and two bathrooms) looking into the front living room. The front door is just to the left of the clock...
Taken again from the upstairs, but looking to the right obviously at the kitchen/dining area...The kitchen again, but looking from the family room (down a few stairs). The front living room is seen a bit on the left...The family room looking from the dining area. That door goes to the backyard and to the right (not seen) is laundry, bathroom, downstairs door and garage door... One of my favorite parts of the house... Looking from my kitchen window into our backyard and right at our church...This is the back of our ward list. It is a map of our neighborhood, that happens to be the whole ward...

10 comments:

Janet said...

I LOVE seeing people's houses and floor plans! Thanks for the tour - I'll have to come and get one in person soon. It's great to live in different houses and know what you like and don't like. Even though you never really get your perfect home (most people) it's fun to know.

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that you are liking your rental for the most part. I would agree with you on all of those things, too! The pantry is just like mine, except your's is WAY more organized. :) It's fun to live in something else for awhile...

Logan and Ashley said...

That is a beautiful house. I didn't get bored at all reading it, I love hearing about how much people love or don't love their house. It is so fun moving and decorating a new place. Glad you love it!!

Devry said...

such a cute house! how fun to live so close to your parents.

Cyndi said...

You've moved, unpacked and decorated! Busy busy. So glad you are in Utah. That must be so exciting for you. Cute house. I would hate the railing too. Everything else looks great.

SUMMER said...

It looks like an adorable home! I too LOVE the pantry! Ours is about the smallest thing you have ever seen. I too feel cramped in my house... maybe someday we can get something a tad bit bigger... I just need one more bedroom. 2 bedrooms is pretty tiny.

Kelly Fam said...

So great to have you closer by again. Of course you were only a couple extra hours from us in Greely. Anyway, I'm glad your all settled and close. (I'm strangely having flashbacks of your family living in Orem on Heather Rd. Good times)
I would love a bigger pantry. Lucky you. there are definitely things I love and Hate about my house too. I don't know if most of us would ever have our perfect house. You'd have to live in a lot of different homes to know exactly how you wanted your space to be used. Anyway, see you soon.

Clymer Fam said...

Great house Cami! You are fast at moving in and decorating!! Thanks for posting pics, it's nice to be able to picture where you guys are calling "home"

Janice said...

Thanks for the inside pics of your house...secretly, I love to see what peoples houses look like inside :) I like the kitchen floor...it looks like it would hide dirt easily..something important with boys as I am sure you know. Glad you are all moved in! Now when we come to UT we can see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cam!

I love the new house! It's very cute and it looks like you have plenty of room. That's so great. I loved the tour...I might come out with my mom when she comes in a couple weeks, but I'm not 100 percent sure yet-Amanda is getting married and I promised her I would help her with a few things that week, so we'll see. I hope I can. If not, Josh and I will just comeanother time soon. Miss you! We love you guys!