Monday, December 15, 2008

Scrooge

My family has a few very meaningful traditions, and "Scrooge" is one of them. I was probably in high school when someone corrected me and said, "You mean A Christmas Carol?" As kids, we always called it Scrooge, and still do. You all know the story I'm sure. If you don't, then shame on you. But, like most things in life, "Scrooge" means more to me as I get older. The story is more meaningful, and the tradition started by my dear Grandma Marilyn and Grandpa Jerry is also more meaningful. Every single year since I was tiny our whole extended family goes, and now we do it in a few different groups since everyone doesn't live together. But, Grandma and Grandpa make it all happen. This was Koby and Spencer's second year and they were both so excited and loved it. Of course, I brought the camera along...
A tradition within a tradition - Kim and I always get a picture sitting on Scrooge's bed...
May as well get the boys on the bed too...
And in the middle of the stage...
The front row is the best, especially if you want to touch all the pretty dresses as they walk by. But, watch out, Scrooge spits!
Another huge tradition - See's at intermission. See's is always a part of our get togethers, including my wedding...
The whole clan...

5 comments:

Ali said...

Pass the See's! What a fun family tradition.

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun! Especially the chocolate part... :)

Kelly Fam said...

Yeah for scrooge. I'm happy to report that on my blog I shared the same familiar traditions within the tradition. We are going tonight. So sad we couldn't go with you guys.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

How fun that you did not have to travel this year to go see Scrooge with your family. We are excited to see you soon!!

Kelsey said...

Thats fun! I went with Heather and her parents this year, and we had a good time. it was really fun. I know that Jason and Summer are excited to see you, but I bet they arent as much as I am!!! Cant wait. Love you guys