Monday, September 1, 2008

An 18 Year Old Friendship!

Laura Rife Buchanan and I met when we were 12 years old and were best friends from the start. She turns 30 September 2nd! Which means that we have been friends with each other for 18 years - way more than half of our lives! She lives in New York with her cute family - hubbie, 2 boys and 1 girl. But, we happened to both be in Utah at the same time in August, so we HAD to see each other. It is great that both our families still live there because this is the way we have seen each other over the years. She is an amazing sister, daughter, friend, wife and mother. What a great example to me. I love getting ideas from her blog as she posts about the fun things she does with her kids. She loves being a mom and it shows as she puts that number one in her life. Laura, have a perfect 30th birthday! Love you!
Here we are a few weeks ago with my sister Kim... And here are some embarrasing pictures from a scrapbook that Laura made for me when I got married...
We loved girls camp...

...and Education Week...

4 comments:

nanajan said...

What a nice post and tribute to Laura and long friendships!

laura said...

Cami, thank you! That was so sweet of you to post about me and our loooong friendship! It was great to see you. Thanks for your love and friendship.

Lauren said...

Yes, we are very busy! However, you should know me well enough to know that I like 3 years in between my kiddos. Taggart is only going to be 2 this November. Next year is the year for us to have baby #3, but not yet! I want to be due next fall sometime, first part of the year. :)

Sarah said...

Fun!! Friends are the best! CAmi you look the same! I definately mean that in a good way!!