Sunday, August 31, 2008

My sweet Spencer...

My first story of Spencer is a cute one: Him and I had a picnic on the front lawn last week while Koby was at school and Clay took a nap. I came inside to get the kitchen cleaned up while he stayed outside for a little while. I could keep an eye on him from the window and after a few minutes realized that he hadn't been even moving around, just laying on the blanket. Sure enough, he was fast asleep! He was in the shade and seemed comfortable, so I let him sleep there for a little while before I moved him to the couch. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures...

My second Spencer story is a sad one: Spencer has what seem to be totally random allergies that bring on asthma. Just this summer we have experienced his first "attacks". Friday night he had a nasty asthma attack that landed us in the ER (around 5am) after probably 2 hours of combined sleep throughout the night. I am so not impressed by the ER here and we were in need of more attention shortly after we left. Luckily, we have the best pediatrician, Dr. Ryan, who didn't care that he had NO appointments at all that day and told us to "come in now". After chest xrays, nebulizer treatments, careful listening (to Spencer's lungs and my thoughts), we finally felt taken care of by our favorite doctor. Spencer was given a blessing by Brandon and Blair Howe (a fireman in our ward who stopped by for something unrelated and made me call the dr. immediately and make them get me in). Yesterday afternoon Spencer was his crazy self again. He still has symptoms and will be treated for another few days, plus another month of extra preventative inhalants. Here are some pics of my sweet boy in the hospital and at the doctor...By the way, he is still wearing his hospital bracelet that he found out is water-proof, sprite-proof and bubble-proof!

5 comments:

Kim said...

My poor boy! I love that close up pic of him sleeping with his dark eyelashes. He looks so handsome! What did the chest x-rays show? I guess nothing to scary?!?!
Hope this week is better...if you know what I mean!

Lauren said...

Poor Spencer! I am sorry! All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS for Dr. Ryan. That man is AMAZING. He is the BEST ever. I really miss having him for my kids Dr. Miss you...

Ali said...

So sad! Good doctors are such a comfort though. We will keep Spencer in our thoughts!

Lopez Life said...

I am glad that he's ok! I think our ER is hit or miss, I've had really good experiences, and really bad ones! I agree, the up close picture with his dark eye lashes is priceless!

Janice said...

Poor guy! It is so scarey when they cant breathe...we have had a few of those episodes around here and now I keep a breathing machine here incase someone needs a treatment...its no fun. Hang in there spencer!