Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eat, Shop, Repeat...

My scale and my wallet tells me that we did a girls trip (with no chidlren) the right way! For a late 30th birthday present (my own fault it was so late) my wonderful sister, Kim took me on a trip to Cali with her and my mom (we missed Shelbie and Cara). We stayed at Grandma Marilynn and Grandpa Jerry's (my mom's parents) who I adore. I love the smell when you walk through the door and the feelings I get when I am in their home with them. I will try not to use too many words, but pictures to tell the story of our perfect girls trip. Man, I love these people...
Day One: The eating starts in the airport, then continues once we are picked up and head to Wahoo's and Cold Stone.
Day Two: We start with great intentions and actually take a great walk up the hills of Laguna. We stop by my cousin Summer's, then we walk and walk some more around the outlets in Carlsbad. No rest for the girls because Grandpa Jerry is ready to go as soon as we get home. Here we are at Wind and Sea in Dana Point where we enjoyed a great meal by the ocean, then headed to Laguna Beach to see my mom's brother Dana and Aunt Beth.Don't worry, we stopped at Thrifty's on the way home to pick up a carton of Chocolate malted crunch ice cream (the best ever, and you can only get it in Cali and maybe a few states around).
Then we painted our toes (I know, exciting)...
Day Three: No walking today, but it's for a good reason - the Newport Beach temple. We were able to do some work there and have a nice quiet break from shopping.
Since we were in Newport Beach, we HAD to try out Sprinkles cupcakes that we hear so much about. Yes, they were delicious...Then we headed to Laguna Beach to shop some more (surprise!)
We came home to a common sight - Grandpa sitting in front of the tv. Him and President Monson have something in common - they are show-a-holics. He is always recording or watching a musical, and we get to watch little clips of them with his narration! G and G also love puzzles...Grandma invited all the cousins over for lunch/dinner and it was so great to see everyone. Here she is getting ready for the party...Then we ended the day with more shopping in Laguna!Kim, Janice and Cami...(she came earlier than the rest, so we couldn't get a picture of all of us)
Mom (Judy), Summer, Cam, Kim, Katie and Grandma...Day Four: Walking around the Orange County Swap Meet counts for excercise, right? We got great deals and had a great time! And bought a lot...The end of a long couple of days...
For our last night in Cali, we headed out to one of G and G's favorite date spots. We grabbed a pizza and went to back to Dana Point. They love to watch the surfers here. I have never seen someone so in love as my Grandpa Jerry, but who wouldn't be with Grandma Marilyn by their side?
Along with shopping and eating, there was also a lot of giggling...Just so our husbands wouldn't yell at us, we figured we better get our feet wet...Day Five: It started early - 5:15am we left to catch a plane. Although we sat in the fog for an hour and a half after we boarded.
I guess we wore mom out...


Thank you thank you to Kim for a perfect trip. We left saying that we had no shopping regrets, and ditto for everything else about the trip. It was great!

Also, a HUGE thank you to Grandma Jennis for coming to Colorado and staying with my boys. I don't think they even thought about me the whole time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times! It looks like you had a blast-gotta love California. It's always nice to have a girls trip.

Kim said...

your post was cutter than mine! I was so over-whelmed with pictures that I didn't know what to do. At least we had a blast! Thanks for making it great.

Logan and Ashley said...

It sounds like you had a ton of fun!
I never realized how much you and your sister look a like.

Emily said...

How fun! Happy belated birthday!