Monday, January 5, 2009

A Better Me

It blows my mind to look back over 2008 and the journey that it took my little family on. The journey that is not over...What an eventful year for us. I can't wait to see what 2009 will bring. Now that I am somewhat settled, the holidays are over, and we are into a new year, it is time to take a closer look at myself, which is hard for me to do. So, I have taken some serious mental notes (over the past few months) and have resolved to better myself. That's what the new year is for, right? And, apparently this is what I will be doing every year for the rest of my life - striving to be a better me in whatever area has been neglected.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I don't think you have much work to do!
Love you!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Suddenly my new year's goal of losing 10 lbs. does not seem so important. It will be exciting to see what 2009 brings to all of us! Miss you guys!

AJ said...

I think one thing that I have done to (hopefully) become a better me is to read the conference talks. We are doing this as an enrichment group at church and when we discuss the talks you see so many different ways to apply these talks in our daily life. We discussed last week the talks from the Priesthood session. They helped me to know what I can teach my son to prepare for the Priesthood. It truly is amazing what we can get from these talks to either help us personally or help us to teach our children. I wish the very best for you in 2009.