Saturday, January 17, 2009

Unlikely Book Review

My boys used some of their Christmas money to buy the first five books of Captain Underpants. We only have the best of literature in our house! Brandon reads to them whenever they get a chance, and I'm not sure who enjoys it more! In fact, tonight was the first night I read any of them. Koby and Spencer don't normally let me, because that is the boys book apparently. So, I got my first taste of it and thought I would give you my review: If you are looking for a funny read (you know, on the level of a 5-10 year old boy), which includes lots of wedgies, underwear, unlikely super-heroes and villains and some mild potty talk, then I highly recommend the series. Oh, and there are pictures on just about every page so it is very helpful in picturing all of the characters and their happenings.
By the way - in case you are worried, we do read other worthwhile books to our boys.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I just ordered them. We'll see what Addie thinks.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

ummm...Cami? That kind of humor is not only funny to boys 5-10...it is funny to boys in general! haha - Jason

Julie said...

Whatever gets them to read!

Emily said...

I'm pretty sure this is a secret book among mothers of only boys! I'll keep it in the back of my mind (somewhere, if there is any room left) for when Dallin is older!

AJ said...

I think I will keep it between you and me. My boys don't need any encouragement. Looks like you are having fun and that is important.

Brigette said...

I've seen these books and have wondered myself - thanks for this post! I think in our house - Derek might actually need this kind of humor!!