Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My new learning opportunity...

This last week I got called to be the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency! I am so excited about this, but have never served in Primary before (other than as a teacher right after high school). This is totally new territory for me and I couldn't be more thrilled to learn everything about it. I am definitely planning on using this calling to better myself as a mother. To be more patient, to take my teaching as a mom to a new and deeper level, to love my children more and truly see them as children of our Heavenly Father. I can't wait!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cami! I am in Primary and I LOVE it! There is always something or someone there to laugh at...very entertaining. I am excited for you.I can't wait to hear about it.

Julie said...

Good Luck! I'm sure the kids will love you!

Brigette said...

Cami - I loved my Primary Presidency experience -- so much FUN! And that knowledge about the in and outs of primary has been invaluable! So excited for ya!

Emily said...

Oh wow. Big calling. We don't have callings yet. We're not complaining. :)

Lydia Moon said...

I hope you love Primary! It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too--really like most callings, right? It's so fun to see the kids' testimonies grow. I've found they often know more than I thought they did. It's amazing! (I'm the Primary President in my ward right now. :))

jennis hansen said...

Cami congrates on your new calling....we will be wonderful. When I am done with the singles ward...which I hope will be a long time from now, I want to be in Primary.... : ) ps/hope to see you all soon. Right now I am looking out the window at a huge snow storm....they got it right for once. (one out of 100, not bad?)

Chenel said...

How fun! I have to admit thtt I wasn't thrilled to be called into nursery, but it has been such a blessing in my life and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! You'll be awesome in there with those kids - they'll love you! Good luck with it all!

Crystel said...

Congrats. I love primary, the spirit is so sweet when the children sing!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

how lucky are you? You will love it and be amazing at it. The kids will love you!!