Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3 Board Chicks

Decorating has been different for me since we have been renting. I am not going to paint. I don't necessarily want to spend money on something so specific to this house or a spot in it (like the window bench, curtain rods and curtains). I don't want to hammer and drill a thousand holes in the walls. Etc. Etc. So, I have decorated the walls the bare minimum. Which has actually not been too bad since I don't like clutter at all. It keeps things kind of clean looking. But, I sometimes think that maybe I should do just a little more. I think of all the boxes stored away that contain pictures, wreaths, hooks, and other things that I have forgotten about, and I want to use them and enjoy them. I want to paint my kids' rooms to finish the looks of them, as well as a lot of the house. But, I can't, so my solution (and the point to this post) is vinyls. My sister-in-law Chenel has her own vinyl business called 3 Board Chicks. When the business was started it involved me and my other sister-in-law, Marcie (hence the name). But, Chenel was just better at it, she knew more about it, and she had more passion for it, so it is hers. I decided to order some vinyls from Chenel to help my decorating out a bit. I know vinyls are not new, and you have all seen them. But, I am going to share a few things that I have done with them...

Scroll over the bay window in the dining area...
My clock from Costa Rica needed a face lift (scrapbook paper and vinyl)...
Over our bed (vinyls on framed glass, in a plate holder)...
Koby and Spencer have a surf/beach room, hopefully this helps make that more obvious...
Visit the 3 Board Chicks website and find some inspiration for your home. Basically any font you have or can find online, Chenel can do for you. I emailed her exactly what I wanted and she made it happen!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Very cute. The perfect touch. I will check it out. I might need some vinyls soon.

Thanks

Kim said...

I LOVE those frames with the 'true love'. Are they a Hobby Lobby find? We still need to head up there.

Emily said...

Okay, I LOVE the "True Love" over the bed! I'm copying you!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Looks good. I will have to check out the website!