Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Real Happiest Place on Earth

My family has a serious love for the beach. Any and all water, really. But, you can't beat the beach. Which is why an eight day vacation included six days at the beach (the other two days were Sunday and Disneyland!) Every single day started in the pool, quickly moved to the beach, then ended at the pool, mostly with dinner close by. This makes for incredibly tired children falling asleep at record speeds! I lied - one night ended with a treat from Uncle John. All the boys enjoyed super close seats to an Angels game. Thanks John!
Here are more pictures of my family at the beach then you probably care to see...
The founder of the perfect vacation...
Brandon having fun with the boys in the pool...I think my family is just suited for this sort of thing. Doesn't it all look so good on and around them?
On their way to the beach...Clay was not so sure about the water the first day, so he kept his distance. But, you will see, he got over that...
Boogie Boarding was a humongous hit (laying or standing)...
Yes, that is Clay being one of the big boys, like always...
Uncle John helped the kids get more brave. Here they are going bums first (anything with bums is hilarious by the way!)...
The boys all love the sand too. Not sure if Brandon or the little boys have more fun in it...Bailey not wanting to be left out...One night we had this perfect bbq at the beach with most of our Southern California family. It was so much fun and so yummy. My favorite - corn on the cob boiled in the husks in ocean water. Delicious...
It was so hard to come home from so much fun. The only bad part was that we were missing Tim, Shelbie and Hudson.

6 comments:

AJ said...

The best corn I ever had was prepared exactly as you described. Now I need to head to CA to get some!

Anonymous said...

Cami-how FUN!!! Can I be in your family??? Ha ha ha! I love checking in on you now and then-it's great to see you and your family doing so well! -Mary Thurman

Logan and Ashley said...

I too love the beach. We just got back from CA and had the best time ever. I really think I would love to move to CA... we will see. Glad you had such a great time. Looked like a ton of fun!

Crystel said...

You guys do look good at the beach!

The Henricksen Journal said...

Fun! Did you get to see our common kissin' cousins? Summer and Brian?

Janice said...

it was so great to see you all!! The beach does look like it suits your family well.... I think you should move here :)