Saturday, September 12, 2009

Confessions of a Stay-at-home Mom

Please tell me I'm not the only one...Has your husband ever surprised you at home during his lunch break? I specifically remember one time when Brandon showed up around 1 in the afternoon. I was on my computer, still in my pj's, no make-up, dishes not done, clothes and toys all around. "What are you doing here?" I questioned. "You are NOT supposed to see what happens around here during the day!"
Unless I have something important going on earlier in the day (grocery shopping doesn't count), my real clothes and make-up don't get put on until half hour before Brandon walks in the door. Lots of times I shower, then put my yoga pants back on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't sit on my computer all day. I am busy. I have three kids. I keep a clean house, my laundry gets done twice a week, dinner is made most nights. I'm just saying, there are some behind-the-scenes happenings that are meant to be that way. Am I right? Now it's your turn to fess up. What are your secrets? Stay-at-home mom or not, I know you have them...

10 comments:

Janet said...

I hear you, girl! My house is the cleanest on the days I'm still in my exercise clothes at dinner time. I just get more done when I'm not "fixed up." Sometimes I hate myself for not getting cute early everyday, but it just ain't happening.

Kim said...

I seriously check my email and reader at least 4 times a day. It's just my down time. Usually it only takes 5 or 10 minutes, but I just need that to chill a few times a day.

sarah garlock said...

We all do that I think...at least I know I do. I think it's too funny you got caught tho!!

Devry said...

this exact thing happened to me just this week!

Lydia Moon said...

Wow! I have not experienced this yet (I'm new to staying home). But I can see your point, Cami. Actually, my husband just subscribed to my blog, and that was a little unnerving to me. Not that I tell any secrets about him or things that he shouldn't know. It was just a little strange to know that he would be reading what I wrote right along with my girlfriends.

Cyndi said...

That is so funny. I think Paul is used to seeing me in my pj's at lunch time. During the day is sacred time. It's good to have downtime.

I think Paul knows every dark secret I have during the day...although when he's home I don't do them. He just knows. The other day he asked me if I ever read the newspaper. I guess I should be more familiar with what is going on in the world. Honestly, sometimes I don't want to know. Most days I list all the things I have done...just so he knows I am working hard.

It's mainly for my satisfaction. Just to prove that I really am an efficient person.

Cyndi said...

P.S. I do like to shop online. Fill my cart with lots of items. Look at them, dream of them...and then NEVER buy any of it.

It's really silly, I know.

AJ said...

Well I have to say that even on the days I get to be at home I am ready for the day first thing. There is no down time for me. It seems like there is always some place to go and errands to run and I have to look my best before I head out the door. Enjoy your down time. :o)

Emily said...

Cami! I'm totally laughing at this! You're right, THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE HOW THE HOUSEHOLD REALLY RUNS! :)

My secret? Sometimes I don't even get a shower in, I always put my yoga pants back on after I have showered, and I only put on make-up on Sunday.

But, my husband knows all of this. . . :)

Crystel said...

That is hillarious. Whenever I see my hubby's car in the front driveway early, I start running around the house with my head cut off trying to get something done really quickly and I make the kids hurry and clean up all their toys so it looks a little better.