Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jack-O-Lanterns

After my kids bugging me for several days to carve pumpkins, I finally caved on Saturday afternoon. It is so much fun for them, but such a mess for me to deal with afterwards. This was just a day after I was a nice mom and we did the whole sugar cookie mess - cutting dough, frosting, sprinkles and kids - another messy combination!
Koby and Spencer both designed their own faces and drew them on the pumpkins. Spencer cut his with Brandon's help. And Koby cut his all by himself.


3 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

What a nice mom! My kids have not said anything yet so I think we are going to skip the carving this year. I love Koby's pumpkin...he did a great job!

Julie said...

Looks like fun!

Valerie said...

It is so hard when you have pumpkins sitting around the house, just "waiting" to be carved, so tempting! Glad you squeezed in the time and the mess! Nothing like pumpkin guts all over the kitchen to get you in the Halloween spirit. Love that Koby carved his own and love their blue hair! They look so cool. Clay's eyes match his hair. What a cutie!