Sunday, November 1, 2009

Indecisive Halloween

I made my boys make a final decision on Halloween costumes two weeks before Halloween. Koby told me a mummy and Spencer said a ghost. They were not allowed to change their minds.
Of course, Spencer found some black hooded thing at my mom's and wanted to change to that. Since it was free and easy I gave my okay. Koby thought a mummy might be hard to go potty in, etc. so he asked if he could change to a ghost. I thought it might be easier to make, so I agreed. I spent $4 on a sheet and ripped it apart and cut a few holes - don't be impressed. Especially after you see it! Clay like the elephant costume the night of the ward party, so he went as that.

My mom and dad - aren't they cute? I love them!

After the party, Koby told me he didn't like his costume and he wanted to be something else. It had to be free. So, we came up with a surfer, which Spencer and Clay picked up on. Brandon made them surfboards the night before and they painted them. They were all too cute for Halloween parties, parades and programs at school.
Another problem - it's cold in Colorado on Halloween night. So, onto costume #3! Again, it has to be free. Koby found that his old skeleton costume was just a little small, so we reused that. Spencer changed to dracula. But, it was just a spin off of what he was for the ward party. He was happy. A little blood and a black cape go a long way for a boy on Halloween. Clay changed to a monkey for trick-or-treating. Someone asked why I didn't dress up. Seriously? I put more than my fair share of costumes together!

My mom and I put together some cute dishes for part of dinner on Halloween night. Witches fingers and mouths...

Bones and blood...
Mummies...
Can't wait to hear about everyone else's Halloween adventures!

6 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Your a good sport letting them change their minds like that! I loved seeing them in all the different costumes though. They all looked so cute as surfers! Sounds like a great day, or should I say few days!?!

Julie said...

You are a great mom! What a great reminder of how we can do so much without spending a lot of money. (and they are cuter than most store bought costumes, too!) Love the cute food!

Lydia Moon said...

You are a super nice mom! I don't think I could deal with coming up with so many costumes. Good work!

Janice said...

I am tired after hearing all about the costume changes :)
You are a great mom and the snacks are sooo cute!!!!! Of course the kids are too!! xo

Crystel said...

That's hillarious that the boys went through so many costumes. I bet they'll always remember that though. Fun!

AJ said...

You are a very patient mom to let you kids change costumes 3 times.