Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

I don't think our Christmas could have gone better. My wonderful sister Kim hosted a perfect Christmas Eve. The tables were beautiful and dinner delicious (of course, no pictures of some things that we enjoyed too much to stop and get the camera out!). Just about everyone participated in a program that was so much fun.
My mom, sister, brothers, and sister-in-law danced Mele Kalikimaka (no pics of the hilarious brothers who came in later)...
My three cute boys recorded lip syncs to Alvin and the Chipmunks and Mr. Heat Miser to show for everyone...


Koby performed Jingle Bells on the guitar...Then the spiritual group took over with the Jonas kids (my sister's kids) doing the nativity (again, no pics).
Then Todd and Lexi read a story and we watched a few highlights from last year's MoTab concert.Finally, we opened presents. But, it wouldn't be a complete party if dad didn't get out his guitar. Unfortunatley, most of his children didn't get his musical talents. But, my two married brothers both have spouses who sing, so we made them perform...We got home and put together a plate of treats for Santa. Spencer thought Santa would prefer chocolate milk, and him and Koby were both worried about it spoiling before Santa got here. What kid thinks of that?This was our first year just as our little family for Christmas morning and I loved it!After our presents were opened, we all met up at my parents house in our pj's for breakfast and to open gifts from grandma and grandpa.
One of the favorite presents of the year was a keyboard from JuJu and Papa...
We split up to shower and met up again at an assisted living center to visit my cousin's husband. It was a neat experience for all, complete with kids singing and my brother Todd playing the piano.

Then, it was off to the church for more food and some running around in the gym. We must have had fun that day, because I have no pictures from about 9am on.
Wow, I am tired again just remembering and typing it all down. Hope your Christmas was as meaningful and perfect as ours was!

2 comments:

Crystel said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The season really did fly by way too fast this year. Glad you guys enjoyed so much family time before the big day came. :)

Katie Smith said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas! I love your tree, by-the-way. And Santa definitely prefers Chocolate milk...no doubt about it. What sweet boys you have.