Saturday, January 2, 2010

Getting older...

...but totally not caring! Every year on New Year's Eve I lay in bed watching Dick Clark. Every year I think, "You couldn't pay me to be in those streets." I am always so glad that I am warm in my bed, just waiting for the ball to drop so I can turn off the tv and go to sleep. Besides, my kids will still be up at the same time the next morning. I guess I am past (way past) that time in my life where the party starts at 10pm. That is when we shut down this place! Every party has a pooper...
Anyway, we did have a fun little party hosted by my mom. She is such a fun grandma. We had food (duh!) and she planned fun games for the kids. Then at 9:30 we went outside and celebrated with sparklers. That was late enough for the kids, so it was home and bed. We had a great night, even if it ended when all the other parties were starting. I like my life how it is!
Grandma JuJu introduced an oldie, but a goodie to the kids - hurry and put on a hat, scarf and gloves, then try to rip open the present with a fork and knife. None of the kids knew what was inside, it was all their first time...

That's it for the pics of games, and I only have one good one of sparklers. But, it is really good because you get to see what Spencer spent some of his Christmas money on - a different take on the Snuggie. It is a Star Wars blanket that can snap up into this...
Sweet! He was a hit that night! I think everyone secretly wants a Snuggie, don't you wish you had one?

Happy 2010!

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

I am secretly jealous of your night. We did go to a party thta of course did not start until 8:00. We said we would leave early as soon as Carter was ready for bed. But he was great and we ended up making it until the ball dropped. But my kids are not like yours...mine will sleep in. ANyway looks like you had a great Christmas. So fun you could have one on your own!! Once the kids start getting older it is nice to have Christmas morning with your own little crew!!

Julie said...

I love the child snuggie. Looks so comfy and warm! (Someone gave me an actual snuggie and I hate it. The sleeves are way too long and pushing them up all the time drives me crazy- but I digress...) We too had a quiet night- Kids in Bed by 9 and games until 12 when we promptly turned off the lights and fell asleep. Glad we're not the only ones! Happy New Year!