Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Big Behind

Life is busy, it's the holidays, I am pregnant (I need to use that for all it's worth)! Whatever the reason, I have gotten behind in a few things, including blogging (and thanks to the holidays and pregnancy, my behind is bigger, in case you were wondering!)
So, in an attempt to catch up, this is a combination post of important things I just didn't want to leave out...
I am thankful for a safe trip through Wyoming and back so that my little family could spend time with granparents, cousins, aunts and uncles!
You know when you are having such a great time that you don't even pull out the camera? Well, that's what happened over Thanksgiving. So, here are a few random pictures. Every year we make turkeys from cookies, candy and frosting...

After our meal, we took the pies and our huge crew to the church to run around...

One day we all went bowling. It was a hit. It kept Clay's interest long after other cousins were off to the arcade games...

I'm sure you have heard me mention the Gollhofers before. They are our dear friends from Colorado. The ones we've been friends with since almost none of our kids existed on this earth! We haven't had a chance to see them in way too long. In fact, we were so desparate to see each other that we met up in Evanston. Wyoming as we were literally passing each other on the highway. We figured we would leave whenever it was convenient for our own family and if it works out to meet up along the way, then we'll do it. Luckily we were both passing through Evanston within ten minutes of each other. So, we terrorized a gas station with an abandoned restaurant for an hour! 8 1/2 years and 7 1/2 kids later, this is what we look like (minus Jason's two older daughters)... I was able to do two quick posts this week about two of my favorite boys! We celebrated Brandon and Spencer's birthdays. We are well into the Christmas mode around here, which is probably why Spencer requested a gingerbread man cake. Not my best cake, but it worked out fine. Brandon always has his usual - cheesecake. Also by request from Spencer, we went to Red Robin. YUM!




Thanks for putting up with me and my big behind. Now, I will try to keep up for the rest of the season. I am sure my behind will continue to grow though...Please tell me I'm not the only one!

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

I also have a big behind...and AM behind as well. DO we ever really catch up on anything?!? It was so good to see you guys. I am so happy it worked out. I can't believe it worked out as well as it did. We did not get home until 11:00 that night...but worth it!

Thanksgiving looked fun. The kids have gotten big! I loved the cake for Spencers b-day.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.