Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hey Soul Sister

The operating room is different than the labor/delivery room (duh!) I've heard that the anesthesiologist is sort of "in control" of the room - it's their party. So, I am always worried about what mine will be like. Fortunatley, I have LOVED mine with all of my C Sections. When Spencer was born, immediately, the anesthesiologist turns the cd player on to "Hey Ya" by Outkast. I had never heard the song before, but now it is known as "Spencer's song" around here.
I don't remember much about Koby's, but I don't think anything was playing in the background since it was an unscheduled C Section. I think they treated it a little more like an emergency. With Clay, the radio was on some random station for the whole surgery and I don't remember any specific song.
With Camryn's delivery, the radio was turned on before the surgery was started. (These guys like to have background music while doing their jobs apparently). Just as Brandon came in and the surgery was started, one of my favorite songs came on. B looked at me and asked if I noticed the song. I don't really remember what else played that morning and didn't think much of it until later when I realized we had a girl and "Hey Soul Sister" by Train was playing just before we met her. I have loved that song since the first time I heard it, and now it has special meaning as "Camryn's song"!

4 comments:

Emily said...

OH! I love that song! The main singer is so handsome too! :) I wonder if his jeans could be any tighter though . . .what do you think? :) Maybe I'll put that song on the playlist on my website . . . yeah . . . maybe I'll do that!

Emily said...

Oh one more thing . . . David (the hubby) said music is always blasting during surgery. It was an interesting discovery for him . . . I guess if surgery is second nature to you (which it is to all surgeons, they carry on heated an pointed discussions during heart transplants-true story) then you should listen to something you enjoy! :)

Brigette said...

that's SO neat -- we too connect many life moments to music! Each of our kid-dos had a song when they were babies...

I remember for Megan - who is now 5 -- it was any song from the soundtrack to Curious George the movie -- to this day she still loves all things Jack Johnson!

Janice said...

Thats too cute cami ~ what a perfect song for her delivery :)