Saturday, August 7, 2010

California 2010

I have amazing parents who make sure we have a family vacation every year. It MUST include water. We did California again, which was a hit. Again. Our camera likes the dry air and stopped working at the coast, so my pictures are limited. Last year we lost the camera entirely. This year, it came back after a few days home. Actually, I think we have more pictures on another camera somwhere, but you'll get the point...
Disneyland was halfway through the trip, but I don't feel like messing with the order of my pictures at this point. We had quite the group. With everyone (including 3 babies) there were 22. We stayed together MOST of the time. We did NOT have matching family reunion shirts! We don't do "Disneyland Vacations." We go on vacation to the beach and take ONE day for Disneyland. So, we are there from open to close (8am-midnight). Well, we actually left around 11:30pm. The babies were amazing. We nursed anywhere and everywhere, and were a sight, I'm sure. Especially all lined up against the wall at lunch. But, who cares? There is no time to find a quiet, secluded place. Yes, we covered up. My baby wins the prize for nursing during the Haunted Mansion and Pirates!
My bro-in-law, John made sure that every minute of Disneyland was used to it's fullest. He did not disappoint. We hit every ride we wanted to, and didn't wait in a line for longer than 15 minutes. My kids still complained! I had to tell the story about when I was a kid and it was normal to wait for an hour or longer. There was really no time for pictures, but we managed to squeeze a few in...Oh, and Clay is tall enough for almost every ride. (Sadly, his two cousins his age weren't) My 3 year old's favorite ride? Space Mountain! I don't even like that ride. I sat right next to him and thought he would be crying when it was over. But, he had the same response he had all day after any ride, "That was awesome!"


We stayed in a great place right across from the beach. They were townhome-style, so we had kitchens and living rooms to gather in. Plus, we backed up to the pool. It was so perfect for our family. Oh, and the screen door was invisible at night - you can ask Brandon about that! There were a few victims, actually. But, Brandon was the best.
I feel a little bit guilty about not having many pictures, but we were having too much fun to stop and get the camera! Here are a few at the pool where the boys were making their own version of "Wipe Out"...
At the hot tub with JuJu. Clay is a riot...



And, of course, the beach. Again, not too many pictures. Spencer is a maniac and never wants to get out of the water. Clay loved to be buried, and took a short nap that way. Koby enjoyed it all and practiced skim boarding. Camryn was fabulous to have on vacation. I am in love with her, by the way. She makes me want to have babies until I physically can't anymore. I can't get enough wet, slobbery kisses. Or enough of her breath. Or kissing her cheeks. Or making her smile, laugh and talk. Or laying next to her and staring into her eyes. I wish like every mother wishes, that I could freeze time. Where was I? Sorry, I got distracted by my yummy baby! Oh ya, beach pictures...


Thanks again to EVERYONE (you know who you are!) who sponsored this vacation. One complaint: It was too short!

1 comments:

bmhansen said...

Sure when the baby gives you wet sloppy kisses it's cute, but when it's me, not so much.