Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Elder Claybaugh

This week has been somewhat emotional for me. For starters, I felt like I was saying goodbye to my brother Tim and his family all over again. We have spent 3 weeks with Shelbie and her darling boys who I love so much. They went back to Arizona and I hated to say bye. Shelbie is truly my sister and we tightened our bond this last month. I miss those chocolate boys already!
There were happy cries as well. My youngest brother, Jonny is officially Elder Claybaugh! We have had some wonderful spiritual evenings this week as we've prepared to send him off. I am so happy for him, what an exciting time of life! But, for Clay's sake (and Koby and Spencer) I am so sad. Jonny is such a fun, involved uncle. I feel like him and Clay especially had a real bond. We will miss him so much the next two years. But, what better could he be doing for my boys than being an example and serving a worthy mission? Nothing. Not bouncing them on the trampoline. Not playing games with Smarties in church. Not slip-n-sliding. Not playing catch. Not Mario Kart. Nothing. We all love Jonny and are so proud of him!
All the nieces and nephews (minus Hudson and Lex) after being set apart...

Future missionaries...


The whole family (minus Tim and Shelbie's fam) dropped Jonny off at the MTC. Well, across the street from the MTC.
Proud mom and dad...

Just like Jonny said, I'm walking away and not looking back (literally and figuratively)...

Viva Bolivia!

1 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Oh what a bittersweet day I'm sure! My cousin just left for his missin as well on Wed. He is going to Mexico though. How fun it will be for your boys to write their uncle and get letters in the mail from him. I'm excited to see you in a few days!!