Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spensr

School starts tomorrow and it's a good thing. Spencer had to write his name yesterday to sign our family theme for the year (I will post about that as soon as I get pictures uploaded). Anyway, he started writing S-P-E-N-S. I stopped him right there. He was sound spelling his own name! So, I questioned him about it and he corrected it and went on C-R. No "E". Wow, you know it's been a long summer when you forget how to spell your name. Please tell me I'm not the only one with children who slipped over the summer?

2 comments:

Brigette said...

too funny! Yep there's been some slippage over here too!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

That's so funny!! But your not alone in the slip. All my kids did as well. When Lexi went in for her screening they asked her to write her name...Alexa. She started to write it and then just sat there...she is so use to spelling Lexi that she did not remember how to spell Alexa. Poor thing...look what we did to her giving her one name but calling her another.