Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baptism

I haven't completely forgotten about my blog. I have a few days to decide what I want it to accomplish in 2012 (certainly more than it did in 2011). It, obviously has not been a priority over the last few months and I'm okay with that...other things have been more important. But, for journaling purposes (since I am also not great at that either), I am documenting Spencer's baptism...


My second child (and son)...my happy, silly, funny, sweet-as-can-be, tender-hearted Spencer, turned 8 and was baptized earilier this month. He is a joy to have in our family. He was bouncing off the walls excited to be baptized. We are proud of him and so happy with his choice.


Spencer's was the only baptism of the day, so we had a program all to ourselves. It was wonderful to have each grandma share a short talk and Spencer and his cousins sing "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus". Afterwards, we had a perfect luncheon at our home. The weather was very warm, so cousins played outside for hours. (I even did haircuts out there and didn't get cold!) What a perfect day for a special boy!



2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe he is old enough to be baptized! Your kids are all getting so big! You guys look darling! Hope all is well!

Ali said...

Congrats Spencer! P.S. You look so great . . . I am loving that skirt!