Friday, November 30, 2012

Childhood Christmas tradition

I remember making these fun little countdown ribbons with my family when I was younger. I don't think I've done it with my family until this year though. It is just a super simple candy countdown. I made my kids draw a picture of baby Jesus for the "end" to make me feel a little better about them eating candy every day to countdown to Santa, presents and stockings full of candy!


Of course, Camryn has eaten almost all her chocolate already! I can't blame her...if there was a string full of candy right next to my bed I'm sure it wouldn't last long! And I even understand the concept!

Tomorrow is December 1st! We are decorated (except for our second tree that we will get tomorrow!) I have most presents bought and most of those wrapped. My Christmas cards are almost done being stuffed and addressed, hopefully ready to send out on Monday. Music has been going for a month now. Christmas movies, plays, books, etc. are in full swing. I know some people think that people like me are annoying, but I don't care! I get the most out of my Christmas season without being stressed. I get everything marked off of my list (and more) that I want to do and enjoy with my family. On December 26th, it's all down and I feel a little sad, but mostly happy and fulfilled!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cami, I didn't know you had a blog! Fun. What a great tradition. Love the picture of baby Jesus on the star. :)

Unknown said...

Cami, I didn't know you had a blog! Fun. What a great tradition. Love the picture of baby Jesus on the star. :)

tracie said...

I want to do that tradition! So fun.