Wednesday, December 5, 2012

9 and 37 looks good on them

Two of my boys share a birthday...My original boy, Brandon and my second child, Spencer. Brandon is the one who made the final decision to have a child on his birthday. (I have C Sections, so it was scheduled). He thinks it is the greatest thing and doesn't feel like he is sacrificing at all to have things Spencer's way on their day.
This year their birthday fell on a Sunday. So, the day before we had a family date to celebrate. Spencer's choice, of course. My SIL pointed out to me that it was a "white trash" birthday since we did the skate park and Chuck-a-Rama! Makes sense for a 9 year old, right?
They were at the skate park for an hour and a half and it still wasn't long enough. But, by then it was getting busier with "punks".
The birthday boys at the skate park...
So, we figured a buffet would be a fun thing for the boys and a good way to fill everyone up for cheap. Hmmm, I sound like a white trash mom now:) We are not normally fans of buffets, but we gave it a shot. And, I'm so sorry to say (because one of my best friends loves this place), but it didn't convert me. There were some hilites though...slushies and scones with yummy cinnamon butter. The salad bar wasn't bad either...I was actually able to make myself a salad similar to Cafe Rio.

Later, we went and picked out a real Christmas tree! I can't remember the last time we had a real tree. I don't think we had kids though. I love having it in my home. It smells so yummy! Plus, I love having two trees. I think it may have to be a birthday tradition to buy a real tree every year...



B strung up big, colorful lights and we let the kids do their thing...


 And, yes, I do have presents under both trees! None of them have even been opened yet by the curious 2 year old!
And, the actual birthday (not too many pics for some reason).... 
Birthday kisses for the 37 year old...
 And, presents for the 9 year old...
 Don't worry, he got two beanies to add to his collection! One with a brim and one with fuzzy ears:)
Skater cake for Spence and apple pie for B...
 I love these two so much for so many reasons. They both bring FUN, silliness, and lots of joy to our family!

0 comments: