Friday, December 7, 2012

Scouts on Skates

I got to go with all our Cub Scouts (including two of my own boys) ice skating. It was a lot of fun! The two "coaches" at the arena were so great with all the boys. After everyone got the right size skates they were each given a duffle bag full of hockey gear! What more could a bunch of 8, 9 and 10 year old boys want? It took quite a while for everyone to get suited up (and by the end it smelled like a locker room in there!)

Then it was time to hit the ice....literally:) Some clung to the walls or used a cone for support as they slid around. Others went right for it at full speed. I think everyone took at least one fall (except the leaders because we rock!) The coaches spent a good 20 minutes or so giving tips and instruction on skating and playing hockey. Then, they set up nets and played a game (sideways on the rink so it wasn't too big of a playing area and so others could still skate if they didn't want to be a part of the game.) All were nice and sweaty by the end and ready for pizza and soda. We got off the rink just as a real team was getting on for practice...Holy Cow! If I thought our little locker room stunk, I was WRONG! P U!
My boys...

 Ally helping out some struggling scouts...
 Just resting?
Ally with her scout...
The game...
 A few ended up in the penalty box...
 And, the aftermath of hockey... 
Anyway, it was a great time. Unfortunately I didn't get too many pictures or even a group shot.
I really am enjoying my calling. It helps when you have amazing and fun leaders to work with!

0 comments: