Saturday, December 29, 2012

Scrooge 2012

Most people that know me know how much I love Christmas and all the traditions that come along with it. "Scrooge" is one of our family's oldest traditions. Sometime in my mother's childhood her parents starting going to "A Christmas Carol" at the Hale Center Theater in Glendale, California. My grandparents still continue to treat their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren to the play every year! How convenient that there is a Hale Theater in Utah, where the non-Californians live. (Side note: When I lived in Colorado for so many years I was forced to find the play there twice. They were disappointing and weird.) Of course, in our family, Scrooge (or any major event) would not be complete without See's candies during intermission.

I love that my kids look forward to Scrooge every year. They literally countdown the days. We always have the front two rows, so the kids get to sit as close as possible. They love touching the coats and costumes of the actors as the walk by. They love the dry ice coming out at their feet. They love the fight scene and the singing. They love Jacob Marley and the other spirits. This year I watched Clay's face almost as much as I watched the actual play. I am so glad my family loves it as much as I do!

With my cousin Amber and sister Kim (boy do we have great memories of watching Scrooge together growing up...along with several other girl cousins)

My cute fam minus Camryn, who is still too young to go:( 

Cousins

This year my baby bro, Jonny brought his girlfriend, Heather along. At the end of the play when everyone was cleared out and we were still lingering taking pictures (like usual), he proposed! It was so fun and sweet! We couldn't be more thrilled to have Heather join our family!

0 comments: