Saturday, January 19, 2013

New flooring

My hubby has been hard at work for a couple of weeks. Between normal work and church responsibilities, starting school online, and all the recent projects around the house, he hasn't gotten much sleep lately. I think it's paid off ;) (easy for me to say).

New tile and grout for the master bath!
We ripped up carpet in a room downstairs to lay a wood laminate floor for a little salon. The boys wrote notes to leave under the floor in case someone ever wants to rip it up, I guess. They are pretty entertaining...


Putting up the final touches
And, lastly we got new carpet...up the stairs and all the bedrooms! Of course, we didn't do that ourselves. But, it is still a huge project getting everything off the floor and level. We crammed the two bathrooms full with dressers and nightstands, and brought the rest downstairs. Lucky for me, I have an amazing family. My mom and sisters came and helped get things down the stairs and painted a wall in my room! Then, more family came the next day to help get things back in place and beds back together, etc. It was so great to get things done so quickly! I don't have before pictures of the carpet. But, it was 12 year old cream berber. Here is some of the mess and the after of carpet and paint color...

Fun with four mattresses in one room! They all slept together that night.


Phew! I am beat, but happy!

4 comments:

tracie said...

Oh my goodness, it looks great. I am so jealous!

Unknown said...

Well worth the hassle, it looks great!

Lydia Moon said...

So fun to get new flooring! Your house looks beautiful. We will have to try to come visit the next time we are in Utah.

Cyndi said...

You guys have been busy! Tons of work! Looks great. I think new carpet is my most favorite thing in the whole world! Brandon is awesome. What a cute house.