Monday, December 3, 2007

Surprise!

My wonderful mom had a birthday last week and Kim and I planned a surprise party for her. It was just a nice dinner with the kids, their spouses and mom's parents (my grandma and grandpa from California). Brandon, Clay and I flew to Utah on Wednesday while Koby and Spencer stayed with Brandon's mom Jennis. We took Thursday to get things set up and ready for the big surprise that night. It was so much fun, mom didn't expect anything and even when it happened she thought it was a joke. My brother, Tim held Clay instead of his baby Hudson while Brandon, G and G and I hid around the corner. Of course mom immediately went to get the baby and realized that it was Clay. A few seconds later Brandon and I came around the corner and mom just stood there. I went to give her a hug and she didn't even move. It took her a minute or two and by then we had G and G come out. Then the crying and laughing started and we got going on a nice evening. We had a great dinner and watched a video that we had put together for mom. It was all of us (and a few of her good friends) talking about why we love her, etc. We had yummy dessert and gave her a scrapbook that Kim and I worked long and hard on. We stayed until Saturday morning and had a great time. Thanks to all for making this trip work! We love you, mom!

4 comments:

Devry said...

That sounds like such a good surprise! Thanks for stopping by for a second during your busy trip. Hopefully, I will get to see you longer than 5 minutes next time you are in town.

Logan and Ashley said...

You are so sweet. It sounds like your mom had a ton of fun and was very suprised to see you. I love suprising people!

Lauren said...

What a great surprise! I'm glad that your mom had no idea about it. How fun to have some time in UT!

SUMMER said...

Did she end up liking what Grams got her? She looked long and hard for that Pottery Barn set!