Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our new friend...

Yesterday when the boys and I were in the backyard they discovered a bird's nest in our tree. I don't think I have ever seen a real live birds nest so close before. It is amazing, I wish I could have watched that bird build it's little nest. Notice below all the little sticks all woven tight together. And the best thing, there are three beautiful bright blue eggs in there. This morning we took pictures. I went around the corner first and there was the mom, sitting on her eggs. I snapped a picture or two of her and off she went. But, she stays on the fence and hangs out until it is safe again, then she goes right back to her babies. For some reason I am really fascinated with this. I hope we get to see the babies. I will for sure post about that. Here is our cute little mama and her amazing nest and bright eggs...(She isn't so cute at 5:30am by the way) PS - Don't mind our yard and garden that we haven't been able to pay much attention too yet!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

How sweet! We loved having those birds hang out in our yard when we lived in Greeley last year. It's a neat experience for your boys! Those eggs are such a gorgeous color!

Logan and Ashley said...

How fun. The nest is beautiful. It would have been really fun to see the mom build it, I have always wondered how they do it. Do post about the babies, I would love to see pics about that.

Kim said...

Wow! Those eggs really are beautiful! Do you think there is chocolate inside? YUM! Can't wait to see the babies!

Lopez Life said...

We had a nest in our yard too, but no eggs :( Cali took it to school to use for the chicks they have there.

Brigette said...

these kinds of friends are so much fun to watch and learn about - my kid-dos are all excited to see the babies, too!