Monday, May 5, 2008

Was that a dream?

Now that I am back to my "normal" life with all the responsibilities that come with it, the cruise feels like a dream. Be prepared for a lot of pictures in this post, I narrowed it down from over 100! I will try not to blab too much. We were on Royal Caribbean's Freedome of the Seas (the largest ship in the world). It was fully loaded with a huge rock wall, miniature golf course, FlowRider wave machine, movie theater, promenade shopping, many different kinds or free places to eat, awesome fitness center (yes, I used it every day), basketball court, ice skating rink, plus much more. We saw magicians, comedians, ice skating performances, and other funny and entertaining shows every night.

Brandon on the FlowRider (endless wave for surfing and boogie boarding)...

Brandon and me climbing the rock wall (it was hard, but fun!)...All dressed up in our 70's outfits for a dance party...San Juan, Puerto Rico - our first stop (in the evening) so we just shopped...Oh, this is me on our private balcony. Our room was actually big for a cruise ship room, and it was awesome to have a balcony.St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - our second stop where we also shopped, then took a catamaran ride to a cove where we snorkeled.

B snorkeling off a catamaran...

St. Maarten - our third and favorite stop where we, yes, shopped and spent a lot of time just laying on the beach amazed at the color of the water. Did we mention, we LOVE the beach?
We walked down the beach until there wasn't anyone else around and sat while Brandon tried to figure out how he could move here...

A humongous THANK YOU to my mom and dad and family, plus Kim and her family for being so great to our boys. We never worried about them, and only missed them a little!



8 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so jealous and so glad that you had a great time. Like I commented on Brandon's blog, maybe Joseph and I can join you next time. :) You look gorgeous as always. Miss ya.

Lopez Life said...

It looks like you had a blast!!! My aunt just got back from a cruise with her husband, lucky ducks!!:)

Logan and Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!! I love the pics of Brandon "surfing". I am glad you had a good time!! You look so good too by the way.

Ali said...

Wow - I would love to go to those islands. Rob and I have talked about going for our 10th anniversary. I am going to have to show him your pics!

Cyndi said...

Super super super fun! It sounds like the a perfect vacation. I want to know: how did you decide that cruise? Did you get a great deal? Did you like the time of year you went? I'm so glad you had a great time and didn't worry about your boys.

Brigette said...

This looks like a dream, Cami! You guys look so relaxed and like you had so much fun - well deserved! Great pictures - thank you for sharing!!

Kim said...

I've been waiting for these pictures! So glad you could go and have fun! We need to do it together next time (meaning...invite me next time!)

Emily said...

Hmmm . . . I recognize that beach! I certainly could think of a way for you to move to Sint Maarten. :) I sure miss that place, and I just moved back to the states a week and a half ago! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I miss that lifestyle.