Friday, May 2, 2008

Should Spencer Get Used to This?

Spencer is a fearless, crazy kid. And, apparently, accident prone as well. Not a good combination. One year ago he literally almost cut his fingertip off, resulting in surgery. At that time, Brandon and I thought that that was probably going to be one of many trips to the ER with Spencer. While we were in Utah (just after our cruise, which I will post about later) Spencer slipped while running full speed into the bathroom and hit the bathtub with his chin. We took him to Urgent Care, after debating for an hour or so. My sister, Kim had a friend who is a nurse come take a look at it and told us definitely stitches. I got to take him since Brandon was there earlier with Clay (double ear infections). He was such a brave guy! I almost passed out watching the doctor give him the shot to numb his chin, really, I thought I would hit the floor! So, I didn't watch the stitching part. I sat up on the table with him to hold his hands and he never cried. He actually fell asleep while she was stitching him up! Seven stitches total! Here are pics to prove it all...

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That poor Spencer boy! He is definitely going to be super tough. :) We need to see/hear about your cruise. We need to phone chat, too. Call me sometime. :) Miss you guys!

Emily said...

Oh my! Is this what waits for me with a boy? Can't wait to hear about your cruise!

Brigette said...

oh my goodness! glad he's ok - and double ear infections for poor Clay on top of everything - you're busy - hope everyone gets to feeling better - excited to hear about your cruise!

Logan and Ashley said...

Poor Spencer!! That is no fun for him. Reid is accident prone and I hope we won't have all of the visits!! Hope he is okay and what a brave kiddo!!

Ali said...

I hate it when they get hurt! Tate currently has a bruised and scraped nose from falling into a concrete wall. Those boys.

Cyndi said...

He is so brave! Just looking at it makes me wince with pain.