Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Productive Father and Sons

This weekend was Father and Sons, so Clay and I had some great bonding time. It was fun to be able to focus on just him for a while. Friday we didn't really get anything done other than necessary housework and laundry. Oh, we did check out a store, Plato's Closet, that I have been wanting to go to. I found some super cute church shoes. On Saturday the big boys went to the Hansen's to play right after camping while Clay and I stayed home so he could take a 3 1/2 hour nap. Since I already had a clean house and I haven't done anything fun for a long time I decided to do some beading. Especially since I needed matching jewelry for my new shoes (although they still don't match exactly - I will have to keep looking). Here are pics of my new jewelry (I am not as creative as my sister with the beading), I basically do the same ideas with different beads...The necklace is meant to be worn with just one of the charms at a time...
Oh Yeah! The boys had fun too...
They would not move (no matter what) when they got home...

5 comments:

Brigette said...

Shoes are super- super cute! And it definatley depends on the outfit for the jewelry - but all are really nice - you're so creative - then the camping boys are the best and the headlamps! I love the headlamps - what boys! Derek uses his everywhere for everything all the time!! Where did they go camping?? maybe you said - I'll have to go back and read again - fun to have just one baby again - such a difference and then you start missing the other ones the longer they're gone - wow, is this the longest comment or what?? Take care!

Ali said...

I love the shoes!

Kim said...

How many times can we say it? "We need to live by each other." Glad you had fun and the boys had the time of their life. I'm sure B was crashed too.
I'm so proud that you got some shoes that aren't black or brown! I dare you to wear them with a blue shirt!

Logan and Ashley said...

Okay cute shoes!! And I love the jewelry. You are so good at making it. I tried once and failed, I may need you to teach me a thing or two.
I love that Spencer has a helmet on while fishing. You can never be too careful with little boys, especially with all of the accidents he has had already.
Hey how do you like the new calling? I just found out and think it is wonderful. You will do so good in there. I will miss you at girls camp though... :0(

nanajan said...

Beading is so fun and relaxing. What a great way for you to spend your time alone. Cute shoes and jewelry!