Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A beneficial fire

So, our little fire incident has turned out to be a great thing for us! We were able to get enough money from insurance (even after our large deductible) to pay for this new floor, which I actually love more than I thought I would (I was coming from vinyl though!) My poor dad came out for about 2 1/2 days with no idea what was ahead of him. They were coming to see the grandkids and mom didn't warn him about our project! It took him and Brandon one day (about 12 hours from start to finish)! They are amazing. Thank you thank you thank you to my dad for being so great and willing and working so hard. He was being a little silly in the last picture, teasing me that this was finally his chance to be on my blog!



9 comments:

Lopez Life said...

Your floor is beautiful, it looks like what we put in our kitchen... is it karndeen?

Lauren said...

I love your floor. It turned out so good. That's great that your mom and dad were there to help (and Austin to play with the boys!). We miss you guys!

Brigette said...

SWEET! That's what you call a blessing in disguise!! Looks great!

Kim said...

FINALLY!! I've been waiting. It looks awesome. Dad is so wonderful. Love the supermodel pose! Can't wait to see in person.

Kelly Fam said...

Oh my goodness!! I just read about your fire incident. So lucky that you were all outside. Lisa put a glass pitcher on top of the fridge which fell and broke the glass fish tank (fortunately the fish already died and no water in the tank), then the pitcher fell to the ground and broke. I was so glad no one else was in the kitchen when it happened. Anyway, I love your new floor, and I love that snap in floor. I"m ordering some for my downstairs.

Cyndi said...

It looks great! How nice to have the extra help. So...there was a method to Brandon's madness...j/k.

Jay and JoAnn said...

I love my wood floor. It's low maintenance. (except when the fridge leaked on it - 3 days after we laid it!!) It hides the dirt!!! Or maybe there just isn't as much since we are down to 3!

Janice said...

Wow Cami! The floor looks awesome! Your dad is so sweet to help Brandon with such a big project...arent dads so great like that??

Logan and Ashley said...

I love your new floor! It looks so great. So there are benefits to having a little mis-hap I guess!! :0)