Saturday, July 26, 2008

Koby's Day

I have a six year old! Koby's birthday was on July 24th and we all had a great day. I think he woke up around 6:30 ready to open presents. We let him find them (we always hide them around the house - a tradition from B's family), but he had to wait for Clay to wake up before he opened them. I am proud of myself this year because we had great ideas for his presents and he LOVED them all. Since I have been getting into tennis, we have gone as a family a few times and Koby really has a knack for it. He loves it, so he got his own racket for his birthday. He also got his own cd player. He has listened to it nonstop since he got it. It is really cute. It is outside with him, in his room, the bathroom, all over. We only got him one cd though - Alvin and the Chipmunks. Tonight we got one more, plus searched the house for other kid's cds for him. Here is a recap of the day in pictures...
Waking up to birthday decor...

We started the day testing out the new racket...

Brandon came home early and we ate cake and ice cream after lunch. I made a pirate ship cake that turned out pretty good I think...

Next up - bowling...

Koby chose Red Robin for dinner...(I had to sneak a picture of Clay in here - even if it is a silly one)

We ended the day with more tennis until we got rained out. We headed home and had a serious downpour for a long time. The boys had to run in the rain, of course. I am so grateful for my Koby. Him and I are a lot alike (both being the oldest) and sometimes that is hard for me, but I am having fun being his mom. He is responsible and wants to please others (for the most part). He is still a 6 year old boy, after all! He loves to do things himself, like making his own lunch, and combing his hair. He is helpful with his brothers and very independent. There is not too much that he asks for help for anymore. It is fun to watch, but always sad for me when my kids get a little older and more independent. I am looking forward to watching him continue to grow in every aspect of his life. I love the questions he comes up with when we are talking about something more serious or about the Gospel. He wants to learn and is so excited to go to school Kindergarten - finally. (I have my own good reasons for waiting another year). Koby was a great start to our family. What a blessing we have with Koby as our first son! Thanks for letting me blab for my journaling purposes!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! What a fun day. Your cake is awesome. I love the idea of hiding the presents. You are such a great mom.

Emily said...

You have MAD cake making skills. WOW.

Kelly Fam said...

What a fun day for all of you. I love it. That pirate cake turned out so great. I would be super proud too. Happy belated birthday to you too!

Brigette said...

Happy Birthday Koby! Six is the big time that's when "baptism is only two years away" hit me! Hey did you get my last email? We're driving up this Friday Aug 1 and will be in town all next week - let's get together, email me and let me know when works for you... Brigette