Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2700 Monterey Bay

Six weeks after putting our house on the market, we had an offer and just closed on Monday. This brings some mixed emotions - thrilled to have sold our house, but sad to no longer own our first home anymore. Does anyone else get attached to physical things like this? I thought it was kind of sad to sell Brandon's car too, but he didn't seem phased at all.
Also on my mind - I know that the spirit dwells in dedicated homes that are serving the Lord. But, can a part of that spirit be felt for the next owners? (I certainly felt a lack of spirit when we moved into this home). I have thought and prayed a lot about the people who would buy our house. I have a desire for them to love the home as we did and to feel the peace we felt there. I am sort of sad that we did all the closing through mail because I never got a chance to meet the new owners. Although, I know it is their first home, they have six small children between the two of them (I think there are plans to finish the basement) , and were so anxious and excited to move in. I heard that their was a lot of excitement and joy at the closing.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I know what you mean. It was very bittersweet for us to move from our first house, right by you in Greeley. I know that it was meant to work out for you and for us, but yes, it's sad too. I'm glad that it sold for you! :)

Kim said...

That new family is so lucky to be in a home that has been so well taken care of and filled with so much love. They will definitely feel the spirit there and know that is a home where good people have lived good lives! I'm sad and happy for you too.

Crystel said...

I understand the bittersweet feeling of selling a home too. But what a blessing for you guys that you were able to sell it. The Lord is good.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Well I must admit our selfish side is sad to see that house go too. We have a ton of fun memories that were spent in that home with you guys! But we are so happy for you guys that it all worked out so well, it just goes to show that you are really where you are suppose to be at this time!

Tina said...

That is great that you were able to sell your house so quickly! I was kinda sad when we sold our first house, too.

jennis hansen said...

Hey Cami....I love that you have a blog, even though I don't know much about them I enjoy people that do them, especially when they are away family...because we can see what you are up to...I love the pictures.......we love and miss you lots...can't wait to see you at Christmas...wow, your Christmas party looked amazing, what a lot of work...you are the women for the job. I am glad that Brandon found you! This isn't really about you house selling, I don't even like to talk about that and I can't go down that street anymore....but I know you are where you are suppose to be damn (mean dang) it. hugs and kisses to you all....see you soon