Sunday, November 30, 2008

To Give Thanks is Good

I do like THANKSGIVING, but I have to be honest that I am doing this post mostly to get it out of the way so I can move on to CHRISTMAS! I did not feel that way last week, but I am a little late on this post, so we are decorated and well into the Christmas season around here. Of course, there are always many things to be grateful for, and we are all happy to have this holiday to remind us to recognize and give thanks for those things. I will not make a public list because it would not look too different from yours. But, I truly do recognize my Heavenly Father's hand in my life, especially this past year. Life is being guided by Him.
Here are a few pictures of our week and turkey day...
This was my attempt to help my children have a more meaningful Thanksgiving week. We made turkeys and each day wrote and drew pictures of things we are thankful for on a new feather...
The night before Thanksgiving, my mom and the grandkiddos made these cute napikin holders and turkey baskets...A Hansen tradition...Make Turkeys out of cookies and candy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that somebody in the family did the turkeys this year! All of our Thanksgivings here were different this year, so nobody did them here...makes me sad now that I think about it! Why'd you bring it up!?

Julie said...

What cute Thanksgiving crafts! I especially love the napkin rings. and the Turkey feathers with the rolls! so cute...