Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthday Boy #2

When I was pregnant FIVE years ago with Spencer and it came time to schedule my C-section, Brandon insisted that we have him on December 2nd - his birthday. I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other. But, I told Brandon, "You are losing your birthday forever. It is now Spencer's birthday." Of course he knew that and it is exactly what he wanted. So, Spencer gets to make all the decisions about December 2nd and I do still try to make sure Brandon doesn't get totally pushed to the side. I hope that this will keep a strong bond between the two of them throughout the years.
I put a few pictures on here that describe Spencer and his life, so I will do my little speech with the pictures...
From day one he had a loving brother...

...who he would have to watch out for...

He is very curious and has what people call a "free spirit". He is determined and strong-willed...He is fun-loving and loves cars, trucks, motorcycles, you name it... It didn't take us long to realize that we would always need insurance with this little guy. It was rare that he didn't have bruises, bumps, scratches, scabs, or all of the above on his face. You've seen the stories and gory pictures before... He is a very tender-hearted little boy. He is sweet and shy at times or crazy and loud at others. But, he really is caring and gentle... ...especially to his little brother. Spencer loves Clay so much and takes very good care of him...
Of course, we all know that he is as handsome as can be... Here's the part where I gush over him. I am so incredibly blessed to raise this strong spirit of our Heavenly Father. He is one of those kids where you just know his spirit is much bigger than his little body. My heart melts every time I look into those humongous brown eyes of his and see his perfect little smile. What a blessing it was for us to have Spencer join our family when he did. He came only 16 months after Koby and we could not have been more excited - scared, but excited. Spencer is blessed with a wonderful sense of humor and is as patient as can be. Thank goodness I have him in my life to teach me so many valuable lessons.

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Dang cute boy there! I hope that both of them had good birthdays! Man, I forget how they looked when they were so much younger! I love it. They are growing fast. Miss yuo and love you guys. And P.S.... I lost the popcorn on mine... I went to try and put some other picture behind there, and kept the other link. Neither ended up working though! Dont know what to do!!!!!!

Emily said...

The photos certainly tell a story!

Lauren said...

He CANNOT be 5! He is a darling little boy, Cami. Happy birthday, Spencer AND Brandon! :)

Brigette said...

ok - holy blogging batman. First I get your Christmas card on December 1, I might add and now all this blogging, the birthdays, Christmas PJ's - I don't now how you're doing it all! Way to go - look for our Christmas card a bit later on into December...maybe!! This year is crazy and I wish it would slow down a bit so I could think...anyway -- Happy Birthday to your boys - great pictures, thank you for sharing -you made me cry!

Kim said...

We've all been suckers for that guy since day one. I love him! He really is such a sweet and curious boy. Happy Day Spence!

Lopez Life said...

Hey did you send me a message on facebook? it said you found a video with me in it, but when i went to see it, the page said it was a malicious website. So.. let me konw.. jenneye20@hotmail.com if you wanna email me :)

Jonn & Judy Claybaugh said...

My dear Cami-cam. Now I get to tell you how perfect I think you are as a wife and mom. I don't think a dad could be more blessed than I. How choice it is to see you devote yourself completely to raising your family as Heavenly Father would have you do. Just as I said about Kim a few weeks ago, you have taken the torch from your perfect mother and grandmothers and you are a wonder to behold. Thank you for giving me such happiness in my old age! I love you! Dad

The Henricksen Journal said...

Wow. I barely remember the little guy and you brought tears to my eyes. Happy belated bday to both of your men!