Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Passing on the heroic trait

Ever since the Rubik's Cube came into our home, the boys have loved it almost as much as Brandon. They like to mess it all up and then wake up in the morning with it put back together. Brandon showed Koby how to make it into a pattern and then back to normal. He thinks he is pretty cool (so do I - I don't think I couldn't even do that much). I had to get it on video - I love his look of concentration.

Other accomplishments of Koby this week - tieing shoes (I know it may be a little late, but he hasn't really ever owned lace shoes.) And making a much cooler paper airplane than mom!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Seriously? Can you say OCD?!?!
I can't believe he is tying his shoes! We had 9 year old scouts that couldn't do it. I think he's early, not late!

Julie said...

Aaron just mastered his shoes this year- and he's in first grade! You are definitely NOT behind... Great video too... :)

Julie said...

Aaron just mastered his shoes this year- and he's in first grade! You are definitely NOT behind... Great video too... :)

Anonymous said...

koby is my hero

Logan and Ashley said...

That is crazy that he can do that. I think it is too hard. Too much to remember! Awesome job Koby!!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

So i may need to buy one of those...it seems to provide lots of entertainment in your house. Koby is so dang cute. Great job tying shoes! (And he is not behind at all, Taylor is always telling me that she is the person all kids go to to get their shoes tied since they do not know how, and they are all in first grade.)

jennis hansen said...

Koby you rock...I have never been able to do that darn, cube thing. It was so fun seeing your video. Maybe next time I am there you could teach me? Love you all Gramma Jennis : ) (ps Love the Captain Underpants post.... gramma jennis : )

Tina said...

That's awesome that he's figured out how to do that! I never could do it!