Monday, March 30, 2009

Modern-Day Miracles

Today alone I asked myself twice, "How did my mom ever live without this?" I cleaned pen and pencil scribbles and drawings off the walls and permanent sharpie marker off the newly painted toy box. And nothing rubbed off except for what was supposed to. And the paint in our house is not great - when I lysoled the light switches here for the first time, it ran down the wall and ate the paint away in some places! Oops. Anyway, I go through these Mr. Clean Magic Erasers like crazy and LOVE them. How DID my mom live without them? What modern-day product do you wonder the same thing about?

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love them too. To answer your question...
the internet
cell phones (obvious ones)
mini vans with two self opening doors
debit cards
pomade
That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I can come up with more if I really think.

Julie said...

They are great!

Emily said...

I forgot about those! I need to get some!

Cyndi said...

Toothpaste and hairspray! Remember those things supposedly took out crayons, markers and pens....yeah, not so great.

Yes, those are great. Although Eden took a fierce permanent marker to our newly painted toy chest (hey...same as you). You have just reminded me to buy some more.

The cleaning supplies are so much better now. Dishwashing soap is tons better. Scrubbing bubbles, bleach scrub, clorox surface wipes, etc.

I remember cleaning the windows with newspapers. Paper towels are so much better now!

Kelly Fam said...

yes! we love the magic eraser. and yes, that is josie's pink sweater. Thanks!I bet Clay looked cute in pink :)

Tina said...

I, too, love the Magic Erasers. We can't live without our Swiffer WetJet for quick clean ups (or for having the kids clean the floors) and Clorox wipes.