Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break Continues

I give you permission to skip this post if you are not interested in the details of our spring break fun. But, you can at least scroll down and check out some pictures!
Day Two of Spring Break included a trip to Target to pick out a new toy, and some fun in the mall play area. Plus, more books, stories, drawings and games at home. We also played miniature golf and at the arcade in Trafalga - that place has changed a lot since I used to go on dates there!
I wish I had more pics, but we were just enjoying ourselves instead of worrying so much about pictures!

Day Three we painted our own ceramics at Color Me Mine and we can't wait for tonight to see how they turned out! It was snowing when we left, so we went to the library for a bit. That night we had my sister Kim and her family over for soup and scones and games. Have you ever played Ducky Ducky? I'm honestly not sure if my family made it up or not. But, we used to play it as kids with all my cousins on our family vacations. One day I will take pictures and expain.

Day Four we woke up to this awful, beautiful snow. The magic of snow is long gone in April. We lost a portion of our tree from the heavy, wet white stuff. The sun came up early and we headed to the Bean Museum (again, no pictures). But, it is a huge museum full of stuffed (taxidermied) animals. Then we went around the corner to the Museum of Art (both on the BYU campus). There was a Walter Wick exhibit (from the I Spy books) that was really cool. That night we went to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. We don't do movies very often, so that was fun for our family.

Day Five we braved the crowded Discovery Museum in Salt Lake. I think that all the elementary schools in the state were there, so it was kind of a bummer to be so crowded. But, it was still awesome and we will be going back soon since Grandma bought us a year pass - thank you! Then, the sad time came to take Grandma Jennis to the airport. It was fun, but she is needed at home. We are so grateful for the time we had to spend with her this week and can't wait for next time! Sorry for the overload of information, but now I have it recorded!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is a TON OF SNOW! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Crystel said...

Holy cow. What a blast! I bet the boys were on cloud 9. And the snow does look incredible.