Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life goes on

I remember when I first moved away from my home and I would talk on the phone to my mom or dad. Everything in the background was going on just like normal - there were soccer games to go to, family night was happening, friends stopping over, performances and recitals - nothing was different. But, in my world, everything was different. I don't know why, but for some reason this shocked me. Not that I thought life should stop and everyone should mourn my being gone, but I had just never thought about it before. I think I even mentioned something to my dad about it, who assured me that life was NOT the same.
This got a little bit easier, but not much. I mostly just got used to it. Now, we are back here in Utah and have left Brandon's family back in Colorado. Life continues to go on. But, this time I have a super creative and genius mother-in-law who I love. She made this cute book for us to send back and forth to each other. We write notes, make drawings, and even tape pictures in it, then take turns mailing it to each other. (It would work better if I were faster at mailing it back to her) It is fun for us to see what each other is up to, and for us to get mail once in a while. I love Brandon's family and I loved living close to them for so long. We had such good times that we will always remember. How did I get so lucky to have such great in-laws?

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

What a great idea...I love it!! I bet the boys have so much fun with that. How creative! I just may to steal that idea...

MallyMal said...

Aww...makes us miss you even more when you talk about it! :(