Sunday, June 21, 2009

Allow me to brag

This will be long, and I don't care. When you have the best, it's hard to not rub it in. And, this has nothing to do with me - other than me being lucky.
Let me start with my dad...I can't explain the amount or kind of love that I feel for my dad. When I had my very first thoughts of moving to Utah I was in my dad's office watching him record a message for my mom. I felt a strong love and a desire to be closer. My dad has tolerance and patience. He is sensitive and thoughtful. He has unconditional love for all around him Everyday I see him showing love and concern for neighbors and friends. He honors his priesthood and uses it for good, also for all around him. I have benefited MANY times from my dad's priesthood blessings and prayers on my behalf. (But, that's another story!) As a bonus, he is fun! He loves to be active and go on bike rides, hikes and especially to the beach. I love that he is healthy and strong and takes care of his body so he can have this much fun with his children and grandchildren.
Can't you just see the love in his face?
Sorry, mom. I have no pictures of just dad...It is hard to stop, but I must so I can move on...
To the father of my children. Somehow Brandon seems to know what he's doing as a dad (I still don't know what I'm doing!) Especially as the boys get older, he seems to really have a grasp on this fatherhood thing. I know he has learned a lot from his dad and I am grateful for that - thank you, Gary!
I will start with Brandon the way I ended with my dad. He is fun! You can ALWAYS find Brandon outside playing a fun game with the kids, building things with them, running around, playing catch, dodgeball, you name it. I love that he loves to play with the kids.
But, it's not enough to just have fun with your kids. And Brandon knows that. One of my favorite primary songs right now says, "A father's place is to preside, provide, to love and teach the gospel to his children. A father leads in family prayer to share their love for Father in Heaven." Brandon understands his purpose and takes it seriously. He is helping turn my sweet little boys into strong, valiant young men by his example of a great husband who honors his priesthood and loves his family and the Lord.I am truly grateful for the fathers in my life. They make me want to be better. So, let all of us honor the fathers in our lives by letting them know we love them and being the best in all we do! Happy Father's Day!

1 comments:

Kim said...

So sweet Cam! I can see the love on dad's face in that pic. Thanks for pointing it out.