Tuesday, June 2, 2009

CLAY

Clay turned two on Sunday and I am just now getting a chance to post about this sweet child. You would think that the third boy would be old news, right? Been there, done that. Well, you would think WRONG! There was something about the third child for me. Some of you probably caught on quicker than I did, but it took me three to feel like I was finally getting it down. And, some of you who have twice that many are probably laughing right now! Let's back up a minute - Koby was my first, there is nothing like it. But, I was so consumed with doing everything right and being so worried about why he was crying, what to do next, etc., that I probably didn't enjoy him to the fullest. Don't get me wrong, I defninitely enjoyed him. Then, when Koby was just 16 months old, along came Spencer. How fun! What joy! How busy! It was probably more like survival mode. Fun survival mode though!
With a 3 1/2 year space and two infant and toddler boy experiences under my belt, Clay entered the family. Everyone told me he would be a girl (he was the first one that we didn't find out), but I secretly thought I would be disappointed if it was because I REALLY wanted another boy. So, when the baby was out (via C-Section, like the others) and I couldn't see a thing that was going on, I was waiting for Brandon to yell out what it was (the doc told everyone to let dad tell). He peeked his head around the sheet to say that it's a boy. "Is he kidding? He wouldn't joke about something like this, right?" The tears came as I still hadn't heard my new boy's cry. Finally after a good minute or two, one of the nurse tells Clay, "You have two older brothers at home, it's time to get feisty!" That did it, he let out a great scream. And you better believe that he can hold his own with those two older brothers. Don't try to tell him that he is 5 years younger than one and 3 1/2 years younger than the other. He doesn't see that. He is one of them. He jumps on the trampoline with a herd of other children bouncing high. He shoots and makes baskets with them. He rides scooters. In the words of my sister, "He runs like a ten year old." He climbs the pantry for treats. He jumps like a maniac - this boy started jumping early and will frequently jump places rather than walk. He knows no fear. He is just a smaller shadow of his brothers. I love to see how much they all love each other and how much Clay just worships them, copying EVERY single move they make, everything they say, never being left out. But, all the while being a complete momma's boy! I'll take it. I am a sucker for that child. And, until I have another baby, he is the baby. I can see now how the last child becomes so spoiled sometimes - they are the baby forever!
So, as Clay was telling everybody on his day (like it was a holiday), "Happy Birthday!"
Enjoy a few pictures of my boy on his day (and a few flashbacks)...
In the recovery room...
Koby reading a book to his new brother in the hospital...Spence and Clay at home...Clay is obsessed with anything basketball (he has to wear a basketball outfit just about every day!) So, of course, his cake was a basketball (it wasn't the best-looking cake I've done)...He LOVED this plasma car and once he saw it, I couldn't get him off - I still can't!
So, he just opened his presents while sitting on it...
We couldn't get him to wack it (because he was riding his car), but Clay did enjoy the candy from his basketball pinata! Brandon's looking a little excited about the pinata too...

6 comments:

Ana Margarida G. V. da Cruz said...

parabéns!!!!! festa... yupiii!!!

Julie said...

How sweet! There is something about the baby isn't there? Oh, and since I am the "baby" in my family, I thought I'd let you know... We babies prefer the term WELL LOVED over the term SPOILED. :)

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

I have been meaning to call you and wish Clay a happy birthday. Looks like a good one. He is getting so so so big! I almost did not recognize him, sad day! I still remember the day he was born...he had so much hair. So I am probably not going to be here when you come. We leave July 8th. BUT I am coming out there soon. I think I will be there on June 17th and stay for at least a week. Let me know your schedule so we can get together!!

Emily said...

Clay is so cute! I love his hair! I love how little kids think they are as big (and able) as older kids.

BTW, you look very good after giving birth. Maybe too good. You should probably get that checked. :)

Lydia Moon said...

I'm getting all teary eyed reading this post. What a beautiful boy! And what a miracle to have three fun, happy, healthy children.

Sarah said...

Hey Cami! I found your blog on Ashley Richardson's blog. I hope its ok that I took a peek. Mine is http://timandsarahrunyon.blogspot.com. You can take a look if you'd like to. How are you guys doing? I can't believe how fast your boys have grown!