Monday, June 29, 2009

Do I know you?

Since I was a teenager, I have had random strangers approach me and try to figure out how they know me. I would play the game with them and try to make a connection somewhere as they asked the questions.
Did you play soccer?
Are you related to any so-and-sos?
Do you have relatives in such-and-such?
Where did you grow up?
And so on.
Then one day someone said, "You must just have a familiar face." So, now I chalk it up to that. Like, when I was in the temple the other week and a nice lady kept smiling at me, then finally had a chance to play the game. I didn't recognize her and she didn't recognize my name (or maiden name) so I ended the game and went on with my day.
What is it? Is there such a thing as a "familiar face"? And do I want one of those? I don't know, but apparently I don't have a choice!

3 comments:

Brigette said...

ME TOO! I have had that same experience MANY times - people peppering me with questions trying to figure out where they know me - or starting up conversations with me as if we had left a conversation undone a couple seconds ago -- I agree should this drive me crazy or not?

Jonn & Judy Claybaugh said...

Sorry Cami, but you inherited it from me. It happens all the time. It sometimes takes a while to convince them that I really didn't go to high school with them in . . . (Wisconsin, Texas, Oregon, Pennsylvania--just fill in the blank) they sometimes keep insisting that I did! Oh well. Love ya! Dad

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

And to think all these years I've been trying to figure out where I knew you from...Turns out it is just a familiar face. I totally understand about next week. I'm just happy we got to spend time with you when I was out there. We will have to try to get together next time!