Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gone too soon?

I blogged about Clay discovering the Wiggles earlier this year, and how I was secretly happy because they bring back memories of my first-born falling in love with them. It was his first tv love, so I was required to love them too, right?
Well, the Wiggles days with Clay were very short-lived. In fact, we sort of skipped Blue's Clues, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sesame Street, Teletubbies (thank goodness), and so on. Clay did have brief encounters with Dora, Bob the Builder and Baby Einstein. What can I say? He hangs out constantly with a 5 and 7 year old. So, what does a 2 year old boy in this situation watch, you ask? What else?
Nacho Libre!
This child quotes Nacho all day long and imitates him, making me watch every detail of a scene that he reenacts. It is hilarious, but what happened to the more innocent 2? I suppose no child after the second gets to experience that. Good thing I shared plenty of Wiggles moments with Koby!

6 comments:

Ali said...

That is Rob's favorite movie, so he would love it if Tate quoted scenes!

Brigette said...

Cami - I think I know what we're watching for our family movie this week! I miss the innocence of the Wiggles too! It's crazy to think I would've been mortified if Derek saw any of the Star Wars movies at age 4 - yet Megan's seen them all!

Julie said...

I needed that laugh today. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

That is so funny! I hope I can see him re-inact sometime. I'm excited to see you guys soon!

Crystel said...

That's hillarious! My boys love Nacho too.

AJ said...

My boys love this movie and have seen it several times. It seems like every couple of weeks we go through a day or two of quote from this movie. It just makes me laugh!