Sunday, November 22, 2009

The stockings were hung...

We did it! We are officially into the season and we all love it! I dedicated my whole Friday to transforming my house. Spencer and Clay danced to Christmas music all morning while they helped me pull everything out. Then I got to decorate the tree by myself while Koby and Spencer were at school and Clay played with a friend. We had to save the nutcrackers for last since everyone wanted to help (more on that later).
Our holidays (like most people) are filled with traditions that I just love. They are what make the season so special. I have taken a few family traditions and made them work better for our family. Brandon's family opens pajamas on Christmas Eve (like a lot of families do). We do them right after our tree is up - that night (or this year, the next night) the boys find the first presents of the year under the tree. I think it is fun to do Christmas pj's, so it works best to do it at the beginning of the season. They also get their own ornament. This year I did homemade ones (to save money) and I think they turned out pretty cute. I may do it more often now!
Opening the presents... (their faces are painted from a wedding carnival - yes, a wedding!)
Dancing around the tree singing the Whoville song...
My amazing mom (Grandma JuJu) made their pj's this year. Too cute, we love them!
Next up for the season - A FAVORITE holiday traidition - "Scrooge" (A Christmas Carol). I can't wait!
What's your favorite holiday tradition? Please share...

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I love your idea of PJ's early! Steve and I do the pj thing Christmas Eve and the kids wear them until June! :0) This way they would at least get an extra month or so out of them!
And I like your ornaments too. Just the chipboard letters and paper? Adorable!!! Great idea!

Dana said...

Your ornaments are so cute. I think you've inspired me!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Are you kidding me..those ornaments are so much better than store bought!! So very cute. So my favorite holiday tradition is going to a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve. We then go home and have home made soup for dinner and sprinkle reinder food and glitter on the front lawn to elp Santa find our house. I love this time of year!

Lydia Moon said...

Your ornaments are so cute! I love that idea! Our kids get pajamas for Christmas too. I usually buy them, but I'm thinking about making them this year. I guess it will depend on if I get through Joanns on Black Friday or not. :) I think my favorite tradition is decorating the tree as a family. It's so cute to see our kids get so excited about the Christmas season.

jenny said...

Cami I love your letter ornaments! I'm going to have to make some of those now:) Cute Christmas decorations.

Janice said...

We just put ours up this weekend too! I always feel like I am still decorating mid december so I wanted to have it all done byt thanksgiving too. Have fun in colorado for thanksgiving!