Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wicked!

Thanks to my wonderful mother and father-in-law, I had a fabulous couple of days last week. I left childless (and husbandless) on Thursday to fly to Colorado. Just one bump in the trip - my luggage was lost for a couple of hours. A few minutes after I gave up any hopes of seeing it until noon the next day, someone returned it. They had taken it by mistake. Seriously? Don't people check? Plus, there was a gripper on the handle to help distinguish it. With that out of the way, we were ready to party. The trip was specifically to see Wicked on Friday night! I had such a great time leaving my worries behind. We had fun shopping, crafting, catching up and laughing. Oh, and we had an amazing night on Friday. After the Cheesecake Factory, we walked down a few blocks to the theater. I knew VERY little about the story line. And I had only heard a few of the more popular songs before. I am glad I went in this way because I had nothing to gripe about afterwards. My family is known for picking apart every detail of a play, but I had no comparisons, so it made it nothing but enjoyable for me.
To top it off, I came home to a CLEAN house! My boys are awesome! Thanks everyone for making this trip so great!
Kelsey (B's sister), me, Dawn (B's aunt from Washington)...

Mallory, Marcie, Chenel (my darling sisters-in-law)...

Gary and Jennis (B's parents) with Kaylie (my niece)...

The whole gang...

6 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun to go by yourself! I am jealous. I have yet to see Wicked. I've heard nothing but great things about it. You look great!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

We just went last night to see it and surprise surprise went to ....Cheescake factory. I guess great minds really do think a like. How nice to go home to a clean house!! That right there made the trip worth it. Happy they found your luggage...that would stink if they had really lost it!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

So I just read your why post. I ask myself that all the time!! It never seems to end does it. If you ever figure out why let me in on your secert!

Lydia Moon said...

I'm so glad you loved Wicked. Isn't it awesome?!?! Sounds like you had a great trip . . . especially since you ended up getting your luggage back so quickly.

AJ said...

Isn't it fun to get away once in a while. I am glad that you were able to see the show and spend time with the family.

Emily said...

LUCKY!

Oh, what I would give for a little vacay . . .

One day.

Can't wait to see Wicked one day too. I've only heard the most amazing things about it.