Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 months

No pictures, just thoughts...

I don't quite feel like I am officially on "the countdown" yet. Although, I do feel like I am past the cute belly stage. I am mourning the loss of my jawline and waistline. But, I do still enjoy pregnancy. Brandon would probably question that statement since he's the one that gets to hear me gripe. It's true though - I love being pregnant, just not always some of the things that come along with it. But, it is a miracle, and I feel so honored and blessed to partake of it.
And now, I need your opinion...
Brandon REALLY wants to name this baby Cameron if it's a girl. Of course, that's my full name that I have never really gone by. I do love it though.
I feel sort of silly naming a baby after me in a way. And I have to wonder if it will be hard to always call her Cameron and nothing else or if it will get confusing. I have mixed feelings about it. I love the name and would really love to use it. For some reason, I am asking your opinion. I shouldn't care what others think. But, I do...

11 comments:

Julie said...

It's a beautiful name and really up to you. I can tell you growing up my oldest sister is named Jerri Lynn, after my dad Jerrold (Jerry) Lynn who was in Korea when she was born. Sometimes it got a bit confusing when people would call and ask for Jerri (or is it Jerry?) or when my mom would call for one of them to come into the room. For the most part though, it wasn't a problem. I know my sister always felt really honored to carry his name and honestly, most of the time my dad was simply "Dad" not Jerry... Just like your name is MOM, not Cami, to your kids. I think if you like the name then go for it! :)

Kim said...

I know I talked to you yesterday and will today, but this is relavent...
I was in the temple yesterday and saw an old friend. She was telling me about her kids ages and names. She has an 8 year old name Kamryn (I asked her how she spelled it) and I asked if they ever called her Kami. She said NO! They just don't. But maybe it'll be harder with you since Cameron is already automatically shortened by us. I think we could do it, but you never know what her high school friends will end up doing.
Sorry, that was a long comment that I couldn've just said to you on the phone today:)

Brigette said...

I love the name Cameron! And I don't think it would be weird at all to name the baby after you! As long as you love it! It's pretty cool actually - if we get to have another girl maybe we'll name her Brigette!

Rich Hillyard said...

Name her Cameron, call her "Ronnie."

Lopez Life said...

I named my son Christopher Cade and call him Cade. Other than people being rude and insisting on calling him Chris or Christopher which is not what I call him it's been ok. It is sort of confusing when I get bills or insurance cards for Christpoher Lopez. Which is it? Dad or Son???? I like the name Cameron! :)Congratulations btw!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

So we love the name Cameron! As you know Jason calls you that from time to time, which if you name the baby Cameron I will tell him you are strictly Cami. To be honest when we first met I had no idea that was your name, I just thought it was Cami. So I think if you name her Cameron and call her that it really will not be confusing. Great name! And so not like you to ask for others opinions...so really when it comes down toit go with your gut and do not care what others think. And it would be kinda cool, Spencer has Brandon's birthday and now the girl would have mom's name. ok I have said my two cents...

Lydia Moon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia Moon said...

I think it would be awesome to name your daughter Cameron! It won't be too confusing, especially if she has a different middle name than you do. If you or she decide to, she could always go by her middle name instead. There was a girl in my ward growing up who went back and forth between her first and middle name a couple of times. :)

H. Abrantes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SUMMER said...

Do it! I LOVE it!

Valerie said...

I love it too! She will love bearing the name of her mother.