Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Specs

Spencer first got glasses October 2008. We learned within a week that we needed two sets of them. Both sets were replaced twice within a year. Then, the guarantee was up. They both broke shortly after and we were forced to pay for new ones. I got one set exactly the same but in blue so we could use the same lenses. But, the other set I hated. Plus, they were discontinued. So, I found that WalMart had the lenses we needed for the cheapest price in town (no insurance). I bought from their selection of $9 frames! $9 - Ridiculous! They will replace them once within a year. But, for $9 I can use the same lenses and replace them over and over without hurting my wallet! I wanted to try out a plastic frame since he has a strong prescription, which makes his lenses thicker, which makes the wire frames hard to hold on to them. I was a little concerned about how they would look on him. But, we picked them up today after school and every time I look at him I love what I see! And he told me tonight that he loves them so much he doesn't want to take them off! I am very nervous to see how they will hold up - he is not easy on glasses! But, what a handsome guy...

8 comments:

Kim said...

Seriously, so cute!

Brigette said...

Oh -- he's lookin' Spiff!

Mona said...

I feel your pain. Kevin wore glasses (I think because he was a premie) and hated them. He wanted us to buy him contact lenses but we felt he was too young. So he would destroy every pair of glasses we bought him (no insurance back then). Once time I found them behind the couch in the most twisted mess. When I asked him what happened to them he said, "I got hit in the face with a football." I said, "that ball must have spun on your face for quite some time."

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

love it!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

He looks so handsome! Taylor just got new glasses as well. She was at a friends house for a party and someone stepped on them but did not tell her. Poor thing came home so upset. I took her to get new ones and it's good I did because her prescription changed from four months previous when I had her eyes checked. Anywho I will have to keep Walmart in mind for next time. They look so good on him!

I loved the secert snack idea! What a fun way to make snack time. I have always admired how fun you make things. Your kids are going to have some GREAT childhood memories.

Nicole said...

Very handsome.

Valerie said...

Such a handsome boy! I love these glasses on him!

Valerie said...

Oh, by the way . . . the gecko is great so far. The negatives are having to get live crickets once a week (because it requires me to get to the pet store) and his sun lamp needs to be turned on every morning and off every night. So far, Ryan has been good about this, but if we go on vacation, we would probably have to leave him with someone. The positives, he is extremely mellow, likes to be held, eats mealworms that you just keep in the fridge (yuck, I know), and he is just fun to watch. They can live up to 25 years.