Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mission to Marriage

One thing I miss about living outside of the "mission field" is not having missionaries in our home almost daily. When we lived in Colorado, Brandon was always in a position that worked closely with the missionaries. We had them over for dinner as much as possible, I would always cut their hair, and we always encouraged them to stop by anytime for water or a treat or anything. We loved getting to know so many Elders and getting close to some of them. I loved that my boys were able to have them around as examples.
The summer before we moved to Utah we had Elder Brandon Morrell serve in our ward. We loved him and developed a close bond pretty quickly. He was so great with the kids and they had a lot of fun with him. He went home just a few weeks before we moved here. Several months later we learned that he was living in Salt Lake (he's from Florida). We got back in touch and have loved getting together with him whenever we can.
Last Friday, March 12th Brandon married Amber Clark. We got to be there for the sealing and share such special and personal moments with them. It really meant a lot to us and we loved being a part of their day in a way. It was fun to meet Brandon's parents. We were good friends instantly and just loved them. Amber's family was great as well, making us feel like family. As much as I hated being a week and a half away from having this baby, I am grateful that it wasn't a week and a half after the baby. At least I was able to go - large and in charge! I will humor you with a couple pics of my ginormous belly. But, it really wasn't about me...

I am trying to get Amber to let me use her dress to cover up my belly...

Later that night the boys were able to celebrate at the reception...

We love you Brandon and Amber! Congratulations!
Lucky for us, they will continue to live in Utah about half hour away. We are still not sure why they want to hang out with us "oldies", but we are glad they do!

4 comments:

Brigette said...

What a neat post, Cami -- how amazing to stay in touch and be part of such a BIG day. We too, love our 'elder' encounters - it's been SO fun take them in and make them part of our family - especially, now being so far away form our families!

Sarah said...

Tell Brandon "congrats!" from the Runyon's next time you see him.

Kim said...

I think you look so great! At least you have a good excuse to be big right now. Once you have the baby and go out without it...you know!! I hate that!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

I have no idea what your talking about....you look GREAT! Wish I looked that good a few weeks before baby. How fun that you have been able to stay in touch. I too love having the missionaries over. There are times though that I have to kick them out of the house because we have somewhere to be and they won't stop gabbing...hmmmm or is that me that won't stop?!? Anyway I'm getting excited to come see!